Thursday, June 10, 2004

Muddling through

When I was in middle school I had a teacher (he later taught at my high school too)who was a young, frum, liberal guy. He was hysterically funny and smart. I thought he had all of life figured out. But as time went on, it became clear that he really had no direction. He was teaching, beacause it was what he was qualified to do, and what he enjoyed doing, but it seemed like it was supposed to be a stop on a road to, well, a road to somewhere ill defined. In theory, he was working on a masters, but he didn't seem to do much work on it. And he was happy. Is happy. Still teaching and so far as I know he has made no progress on his masters degreee. He just got married on Lag B'omer. My point is that he helped me realize that it's OK to have no clue what the fuck you're doing. And everything can still be fine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr. k, right? he got married? mazal tov!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home