Monday, January 17, 2005

A change for the worse?

I'm afraid that I may be turning into a kind of person I hate. I may be becoming, God forbid, a Yankees fan. I am, of course, not about to root for the Yankees. However, my relationship with the Patriots is starting to turn into the kind of relationship that Yankees fans have with their team. The Pats beat the Colts today, 20-3. I was very excited for this game. I fully expected my Patriots to win, but was hoping for a close, exciting match. Instead, the Patriots dismantled the most hyped offense in the NFL with surgical precision. I was disappionted. 3 years ago, any kind of playoff win got me going. Now, I want more. I expect to win, but I also expect more than victory. That's not right, and that's not how to relate to a team. I should be grateful for what I have, for being able to watch what may be one of the greatest football teams ever do what they do best, win games. But I'm not. This is an ugly side of myself, and I'm going to work on it. I'm going to try to go back to being the kid I was in 2001, before the Pats won that first Super Bowl. Let's see if I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home