Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I don't usually write about politics....

but something's been bugging the hell out of me, and I just need to get it off my chest. Right after the election, alot of news outlets were claiming that George Bush won the election because a bunch of stupid, gay hatin', Jesus lovin' rednecks decided to stop scratching themselves and get up and vote. Very quickly, any number of people actually started looking at the polling numbers, and you know what they found out? That it's just not true. Eugene Volokh started off by mentioning that the poll question that started the whole thing was faulty to begin with. The definitive article on the subject, so far as I can tell, was published in Slate, hardly a conservative magazine, by Paul Freedman, hardly a conservative writer. The main-stream media caught on as well. EJ Dionne, a columnist for the Washington Post, who wrote this tirade immediately following the election, has since written this. This post by Pejman Yousefzadah also has links to alot of information. My point? Just that I'm sick of hearing ignorant people go off about things that they know nothing about. You don't like the results of the election? Fine, but if you don't understand why you lost, you'll never win the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home