Friday, July 02, 2004

Canada Day

I began the day by cursing it, ended it thanking God for the holiday. Winners was closed so I couldn't buy a belt to replace the one I had forgotten to pack. This, naturally, irritated me. The day closed, however, with a stunnning display of fireworks. I love fireworks. I think they are one of the more beautiful accomplishments of mankind. Really, they are an incredible thing, when you think about it. Somebody packs some powder into a tube, sets it on fire and launches it into the air, and it creates something so gorgeous... I love it. In general, once I got over the department store fiasco, it was a sucessful day. I spent time with some people I haven't seen lately, and had a really great night. No complaints at all. I saw a few bands at the Montreal Jazz Festival as well, but I'll save that for another post, when I've collected my thoughts some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home